Dallas, TX — February 28, 2012 — Systemates, Inc. today announced that RaceTrac, a leader in retail gasoline convenience stores, will leverage Projectmates construction management software for its rapid expansion campaign. RaceTrac is just one of the newest retail clients to adopt Projectmates as its construction project management software for managing the complete lifecycle of its new store construction and capital improvement projects.
In the past three years, RaceTrac has opened over 100 stores with plans for future development stronger than ever. With its rapid growth, RaceTrac needed a web-based construction management software that could streamline processes and be used from "cradle to grave." After a thorough investigation of several project management software systems, RaceTrac selected Projectmates for its flexibility, robust suite of business process workflows, and vast experience in the retail industry.
We're going to live and breathe Projectmates," said Chad Baker, Senior Engineering Project Manager during a recent Projectmates training. "The intent is to communicate better so projects run smoother."
A phased implementation plan is well underway with RaceTrac's Engineering department adopting Projectmates first. Real Estate and Construction Departments begin full implementation in March 2012.
Projectmates has features designed specifically for retail that help processes such as surveying, permitting, store planning, merchandising, construction, and post-opening special projects and promotional activities.
"Projectmates has a strong portfolio of retail clients with aggressive capital improvement and expansion programs," said Hemant Bhave, AIA and Vice President at Systemates. "We greatly value the partnerships we've developed within the retail industry over many years. Their specific needs and ideas have helped make Projectmates the best choice for construction management software in retail today."
Benefits of Projectmates for Retail:
- Projectmates is scalable and currently supports retail clients with 2,000+ stores.
- Enterprise reporting eliminates the challenge of collecting and compiling analytics across a large number of properties. Executives can track project status by division, region, project manager, and project type, for example.
- Projectmates integrates with accounting software to automatically process approved invoices and report budget progress in real time.
- All Projectmates business process workflows are supported on Apple's iPad and iPad-like devices, making the software ideal for store surveys and for viewing project planograms, schedules, and punch lists onsite.
- Projectmates offers a powerful and unique way to roll out a project/program to dozens or hundreds of stores in two simple steps. Clients can effortlessly push items like project schedules, design documents, and checklists into hundreds of stores.
- Projectmates part ordering system provides a process for ordering construction assemblies. Materials for capital improvement projects can be generated and tracked through delivery at the store.
About RaceTracRaceTrac operates 320 retail gasoline convenience stores in 5 southeastern states (FL, GA, TX, LA, and MS). Most RaceTracs features 20-24 fueling positions and a 4,000 plus square foot convenience store, featuring over 4,000 items. RaceTrac stores are open 24 hours/day, 365 days/year. To learn more about RaceTrac visit www.racetrac.com.