Richardson, TX — November 16, 2015 — Systemates, Inc. constantly strives to improve the collaborative capabilities of Projectmates Construction Program Management Software. This is exemplified by the November 14th release of Projectmates V14.5, which is the second major release Projectmates has undergone in 2015 alone. On-the-go users now have even more flexibility and time-saving capabilities with a brand new downloadable mobile app for iOS and Android devices. Along with the new mobile app, Projectmates V14.5 features dozens of improvements that make the software cleaner and easier to use.
Projectmates gets a lot of use beyond the comfort of a traditional office setting. Field representatives, project managers, and executive road warriors are often buffeted with difficulties such as poor project visibility, distracting environments, and unreliable internet connection when travelling and at the jobsite. In response to this, Projectmates V14.5 helps ensure that every user, whether in the field or office, has the tools and conveniences necessary to fulfill their roles. Functionalities of Projectmates mobile include the following:
- Right from a smartphone, access construction drawings, upload pictures, create an RFI or field report, manage the punchlist, update the schedule, or reach out to another team member through the contact directory.
- A streamlined login process provides instant access to project data.
- Download and store files and images for offline view.
- Upload documents into Projectmates from other cloud services such as Dropbox, iCloud, Google Docs, etc.
- The app features more convenient picture uploading functionalities. Select an existing picture from your camera roll or take a picture on the Projectmates app itself.
- My Work — Newly added to the mobile version, My Work gives you a comprehensive view of pending and outstanding items across all of your assigned projects for easy addressing.
- Project Location — Quickly bring up the location of your project on a map using the Project Address.
In addition to the new Mobile App, the project request module underwent a complete overhaul. Prior to V14.5, new project requests did not have a genuine approval workflow where requests could be automatically routed through various individuals for approval. With V14.5, one or more approval workflows can be configured to support an organization's process when evaluating project requests. For example, a school district can create a separate approval process for each campus whereas a national retailer can configure approval processes by region. Pending projects requests display in a user's work dashboard, and ad-hoc reporting lets a program manager sort and filter requests when prioritizing capital improvements.
Dozens of other enhancements were made in Projectmates V14.5 to improve budgeting, bid management, document management, reporting, as well as UI and password security practices. Examples include automatic removals for expired bids, the ability to mass download files from folders linked in a Projectmates email, and mandatory password resets for users who have not logged in for six months or more.